-Service Learning Projects
BBCC students worked together to construct a rock garden as part of the 2011 "Make a Difference Day"at Sage Hills High School in Ephrata.
The National Service-Learning Clearinghouse describes service learning as "a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibilities, and strengthen communities."
Throughout the year the mentors and mentees work side by side to improve and impact the communities they live in and come from.
Fall Quarter Projects for 2012 Include: (Fall Calendar)
- October 10; Tailgate Party - SSC Transfer Event
- October 26; Make a Difference Day - A National Day of Service
- October 31; Trick or Treat So Kids Can Eat
- November; Thanksgiving Baskets
- December; Textbook Drive - SSC Event
For information about Service Learing nationwide; check out their website.